Log in if you have an account
Having an account with us will allow you to check out faster in the future, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
After gathering years of data and feedback from our World Cup Downhill and Enduro World Series athletes, the Shorty is completely new for 2021. The knob layout has been altered to improve wet traction, cornering performance, and mud shedding abilities. The narrower 2.40" casing improves frame and fork clearance for when things get really sloppy and reduces weight.
- 3C MaxxTerra compound
- Tubeless ready (TR) casing
- Wide Trail (WT) casing optimized for 30-35mm wide rims
- Category: Trail, enduro
- Recommended Use: Dry and loose, wet and sloppy
- Recommended Installation: Front and rear
- Tubeless Ready: Tubeless ready tires provide the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tire; and less chance of flatting because there is no tube. Tubeless ready tires are denoted by the letters “TR” on the sidewall. Tubeless ready tires must be mounted to tubeless compatible rims and require the use of a liquid sealant to maintain pressure. Liquid sealants have the added benefit of sealing small punctures. Be sure to check your sealant regularly and refresh as needed as it will dry out over time.
Liquid sealants should only be used in the following types of tires: tubeless road, tubular, and tubeless ready. The use of liquid sealants in any other Maxxis tire will void the warranty.
- 3C MaxxTerra: Maxxis’ 3C MaxxTerra is an intermediate triple compound configuration used across our mountain tire line. The 3C MaxxTerra compound offers more traction than 3C MaxxSpeed, yet provides better treadwear and less rolling resistance than MaxxGrip, which makes it ideal for trail riding in all conditions.
- EXO: EXO is a cut- and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of many Maxxis mountain bike and gravel tires. This densely woven fabric is lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tire remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for enhanced durability for gravel, XC, and light-duty trail riding.
- Wide Trail: Wide Trail (WT) construction optimizes the tire’s tread layout and profile on today’s modern, wider rims. Traditional tires are designed around older, narrower rims and can create an overly square tire profile, leading to less than optimal performance. WT tires are optimized for a 35mm inner rim width but are proven to work over a range from 30-35mm inner rim widths, depending on the rider’s preference.
Maxxis Wide Trail XC tires are optimized for use with 30mm internal width rims, but they will perform well on rims as narrow as 25mm. Maxxis does not recommend rims wider than 30mm or narrower than 25mm
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Maxxis Shorty Tire 29x2.5 TR/3CMaxxTerra/EXO/WT